I use data and technology to explore ideas. On this page you can see what this means for the projects I do. I like working on new techniques, whether it’s an API that looks interesting or a product I buy that allows me to develop apps for it. Because of this, my projects range from data art, to watch faces, or just good-old reporting.
Data visualisation projects
- Avicii Open Data Art Project: honouring a personal hero with data visualisation.
- Garmin Watchfaces: watchface designs for the Garmin smartwatch.
- LionRock Reporting: automating routine for a startup that helps towage businesses.
- Small Data Art Course: a hands-on non-technical introduction course to data art.
- Star Wars Visualisation: an interactive website that explores the Sentiment of the first Star Wars movie.
- What’s Data Sound?!: a Chrome plug-in that plays a sound whenever a tracker collects data.
Other technology projects
- Are You Okay With This: a simple web-app that helps you run discussions about ethics.
- CSTM countdown: a custom countdown watch face for the Pebble Smartwatch.
- Explore Books: an interactive network visualisations of the books I’ve read (work in progress).
- Fuuut: a Dutch app for the Dutch Railway Services.
- Influencermoth: a tool to find influencers on Twitter.
- Scrollytelling Demo (English, Dutch): a demo of interactive storytelling using scrollama.js and d3.js.
- Wie is de Mol (Dutch): finding the ‘mol’ using Bayesian statistics.
If you want to see if I can help you out, reach out to me here.